IGM is launching new student ambassador program! I am very excited about this new leadership opportunity and I hope that you will consider applying for an IGM Student Ambassador position! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
• A minimum 3.00 GPA is required, and you must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University (this information will be verified).
• Application (see details below)
• Interview (see details below)
Application: provide the following information to Jenn Hinton, Assistant Director of Student Experience at email@example.com. Your response is due on Wednesday, May 2.
1. Respond to the question: “Why do you want to be an IGM Ambassador”? Your response should be between 250-500 words and also:
• Include the name of an IGM faculty/staff member to “endorse” your candidacy. A reference letter is not required, but I will be contacting the faculty/staff member that you indicate.
• Provide a list of your RIT/IGM involvement (i.e. clubs, organizations, leadership positions, grader, TA, etc.)
Interview: interviews will be conducted the week of May 7-11. Interviews are a ½ hour in length and will be conducted by our Sr. Academic Advisors, Amanda Scheerbaum, Kathleen Schreier or Jenn Hinton. After submitting your application to Jenn, please schedule your “interview” by stopping down to the IGM Office or calling us at 585-475-7453.
• Kickoff Event with Jenn Hinton and Andy Phelps (week 10 of spring quarter, date is TBD)
• Monthly “team” meeting/training with Jenn Hinton (beginning in fall 2012)
• Represent IGM at a minimum of 3 events each quarter (unless you are on a Co-op)
• Appointment is for 1 academic year; you will be evaluated on an annual basis.
• Brick City Homecoming
• Fall Open Houses
• Spring Accepted Student Open Houses
• Spring Preview Day
• Transfer Open Houses
• College and Careers
• Imagine RIT
• Admissions Phone-A-Thons
• Fall/Spring High School Break Weeks
• “Jam” events including: Global Game Jam, Imagine Cup, Showcase
• “Other” dates or opportunities as determined by Jenn and/or IGM External Relations
This is not a paid position, but you will be “compensated” in the form of “exclusive” IGM swag, meals, special opportunities, a great resume builder, and the opportunity to influence the student experience in IGM. Students who are selected to serve as Ambassadors will be asked to sign an “agreement” and evaluated on an annual basis.
The IGM Ambassadors will be selected, trained, evaluated and supervised by the Assistant Director of Student Experience. You may be dismissed from your position at any time at the discretion of the Assistant Director and/or the Director of the School.